Tuesday, June 22, 2010

South Korea

I was lucky enough to be invited to go with my sister, her husband and their 2 kids to South Korea this past May. We spent most the time in Seoul and several days on Cheju Island....enjoy :)

One of the palaces in the down town Seoul area:




Erin and I had a chuckle at this...

The temple that Jung Hwan's family goes to....notice all the colorful lanterns (it was the week of Buddha's birthday when I was there and the lanterns are part of the celebration, they were all over down town, not just at temple)








Shopping with Jung Hwan's mom at Namdemun market:

trying to pick out a hanbok for baby olivia:

they have every sort of funny little doo-dad at the markets (especially at namdemun)
Next two are from an old fortress on the outskirts of Seoul:

One of many photos of all the lanterns down town:

A few Cheju Island pictures:

Taking pictures of myself at some weird little glass museum we went to (and by museum I mean field filled with a bunch of glass sculptures and bizarre glass structures....like this one I'm taking pictures in)

Yakcheonsa Temple (note the lanterns at the bottom of the picture lol):


Jung Hwan and his mom drinking the water from one of the temple's fresh water fountains
With Alex in one of the mini temple/shrines in a cave (he wasn't too keen on smiling for pictures the whole trip)....
...except when he got to ride the pony and this old-style village in Cheju. Alex was pumped haha
thanks guys for inviting me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment